When it comes to SEO services in Sri Lanka, it is simply not enough to go with standard strategies and techniques. Times are changing very fast, and with it so is user behavior. The way people perceive things, including brands and business, is far different from what it was just a few years ago. What used to be a successful marketing technique a few years ago, can now be obsolete.
When it comes to any SEO company in Sri Lanka, these talented experts are always delving into the latest technologies and strategies being adopted the world over to increase organic performance for their clients. One such strategy that many of these specialists are now using and including in their SEO packages in Sri Lanka, is blogging.
What is a blog post?
If you have browsed the internet looking for products or anything else, you would have definitely come across blogs. They are now considered to be an integral part of any website, giving valuable information to their customers or users. A blog post is essentially an article and can contain content in the form of text, photos videos, or even infographics. On a website, each blog post goes as an individual page on the site.
Why is a blog important for your SEO?
When you own a website, you want more and more people to know about your business through your website. What SEO does is help you rank in the first pages of Google search engine results for certain industry-specific search terms that people use. Let’s face it; when you search online for something, when was the last time you went further than the third page in Google? Well, this is why SEO tried to rank your website on the first page so that it creates more visibility for your brand or business. The more people see you, the more they will click on your site, thus creating more traffic which can convert into actual sales for your business.
One of the easiest ways to get your website ranking among the first few pages of search engine results is through blogging. Done the right way, you will be able to see results in just a short time period, and with great success too.
Here are some reasons why blogging is important for your SEO activities:
- It increases organic search: It is a proven fact that when people search online for something, they prefer to click on organic results rather than on ads or coupons that appear before them. With blogging, each time you upload a new blog post to your site, you are creating a new URL for it, which can help you rank high in search results.
- It creates fresh content: Each time there is fresh content on your website, the more frequently it will be indexed.
- Backlinking: When you incorporate links from reputed websites in your content, it creates a relationship with another creditable website, and thereby helps your site to grow.
- Internal linking: You can also create links on your blog post that point to other pages on your own website.
- Builds credibility: Through your blogs, you are talking about highly relevant topics within your own industry, which can build you up an expert in that particular subject, thereby building credibility.
How to write SEO-friendly blog posts
You can see how important blogging is to your SEO activities, but you should remember that writing any old thing and uploading it to your website as a blog post is not going to cut it. So, how do you write SEO-friendly blog posts that will rank high on search results? Here are a few tips you can follow.
- Keyword research: Keyword research is important because it tells you the search terms that users are using to search for the products or services you sell. Hence carry out extensive keyword research and find the most suitable and relevant ones for your blog post.
- Search Intent: You will need to understand your users’ search intent. What are they searching for, why are they searching for it, are they intending to buy something or are they just researching; these are some of the questions you need to identify.
- Topic: Finding a trending topic is of vital importance, because if you want people to click on your blog post, then it has to relate to their needs. Carry out some extensive research as to what people are searching for, and what kind of information are they looking for within your industry, and address that issue in an engaging topic. Remember, that in general, it is good to keep your topics short and sweet, because anything that goes beyond 60 characters will get cut off on Google.
- Create an outline of your post: You have a good topic, and you have the required keywords, so now you need to write. However, just writing the post in any way you want is not going to work; you will need to structure your post so that it looks appealing to readers and will create engagement. Creating an outline of what you want to include in it is a good way to start. You can include the sub-topics you want to write about, as well as summarised points for the main body content, which will help you create an exceptional piece of writing.
- Writing: Firstly, make sure you have all the material and information you need to write your article. Once you have that you need to ensure that it is keyword rich, but not to the point where it would be flagged as spam. Keywords should be included in a natural manner and flow smoothly with the rest of the text.
- Internal linking: Make sure that you create internal links on your blog post that point to other pages in your own website. These could also be other blog articles.
- Meta Information: Make sure that your new blog page has the right meta information.
So, there you go! With these tips in mind, you will be able to write beautiful, engaging blog posts that will rank high in search engines in no time at all!